Puppy Sales Agreement
The following is a copy of the "Puppy Sales Agreement" we require of all adopting parties to sign on the day of pick-up. It outlines the obligations and expectations of us as the breeder as well as you as the purchaser. If you have further questions, please consult our FAQ page or send us an e-mail and we will be happy to answer them.
This contract is between Emerald Isle Lhatese, hereinafter referred to as ‘SELLER’,
And hereinafter referred to as ‘BUYER’(s).
Address of Buyer:
Seller agrees to sell Buyer a puppy born:
For the sum of: $2000CAD ($350 deposit, $825 at puppy selection, $825 at rehoming)
Inclusions: HST, 1 “Welcome Home Kit”, 8wk vaccines, dewormer, microchip.
This is a contract, bill of sale, and health guarantee made between SELLER and BUYER for the sale of one or more Lhatese puppies. All animals are healthy to the best of the SELLER’s knowledge and the expertise of the physical examination carried out by a licensed Veterinarian. The health of the puppy is guaranteed for 2 years from birth.
Health Guarantee Limits/Exclusions:
- Excludes internal and external parasites, eye colour change, changes in coat markings, and communicable diseases.
- If a health problem is diagnosed during the buyer’s initial veterinarian visit, a second veterinarian’s opinion may be required and must be conducted by a neutral veterinarian clinic to both parties.
- Excludes any form of neglect, abuse, or improper care while under the care of the BUYER.
- A puppy is diagnosed with hip dysplasia, heart, lung, or liver problems within 2 years of date of birth.
- Proper documentation – signed written documentation from licensed veterinarian – MUST be presented to the SELLER within the above-stated 1-year term.
- Original puppy must be returned to the SELLER at the BUYER’s expense.
- Should the requirement for a replacement puppy be as a result of the death of the puppy (within the confines of the “replacement eligibility” or outside of the “limits/exclusions”), written documentation from a licensed veterinarian MUST be presented to the SELLER within 7 days of the death of the puppy.
- Replacement puppies are limited to equal or lesser value.
- There will be absolutely no refunds of any monies received by the SELLER unless otherwise agreed upon by both the BUYER and the SELLER
The SELLER guarantees this puppy to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and/or worming will be provided by the SELLER.
- The BUYER agrees to take this puppy to a licensed veterinarian of their choice within 3 days of acquisition for a physical examination.
- Should the puppy be determined to be in ill health, the cause of which the SELLER is clearly to blame, the dog may, upon a signed written diagnosis from said licensed veterinarian, be returned for refund of the purchase price.
- The BUYER must contact the SELLER within 48hrs. A second opinion may be required. The SELLER assumes absolutely no responsibility for fees associated with caring for the puppy.
- All vaccinations and parasite control must be kept current by a licensed veterinarian, and proper written documentation kept up to date accordingly.
- Provide life-long, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming, responsible care. This includes but is not limited to proper nutrition, quality feed given at regular intervals, fresh water available at all times.
- Promise to provide a safe environment for the dog, including fencing (if necessary), humane collars and leads, separation/protection from other aggressive animals or humans that may seek to bring harm to the puppy/dog.
- Updated information on microchip.
- Spay/neuter of the puppy by a licensed veterinarian at the age recommended by said veterinarian (usually 6 months to 1 year of age).
- Assurance that the puppy will not be used for breeding.
- The BUYER will never, under any circumstances, sell, lease, trade, or give away the puppy/dog to an animal shelter, pound, pet shop, research laboratory, or any other such institution.
- Obedience classes, house training, and any other training desired by the BUYER is the responsible of the BUYER only.
No Kennel Policy:
- If at any time the BUYER can no longer retain possession of or properly care for this dog, the SELLER is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of the dog in order to locate a new home.
- Refunds, if any, will be at the discretion of the SELLER.
- The SELLER reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of ownership of the puppy/dog to a third party.
- SELLER is not responsible for any action taken by the puppy while not on SELLER’s property.
- SELLER is not responsible for any damage, acts of aggression, or injury to any person or animal caused by the dog.
- Upon taking possession of the puppy, the BUYER assumes full responsibility and liability for the puppy.
- BUYER is required to provide one (1) current picture and a short, written update (or zoom call) of their puppy or puppies at each of the following time intervals: 3 months old, 6 months old, 12 months old.
- BUYER is required to provide pictures and a written testimonial to be published on the “Emerald Isle Lhatese” website no later than 6 months of age and any subsequent photos received by the SELLER throughout the life of the dog may be published to the site at the SELLER’s discretion.
- BUYER allows permission for the SELLER to send e-mail invitations about upcoming Emerald Isle Lhatese Family Reunions, Birthday celebrations, and other Lhatese-related events.
- BUYER and SELLER are equally responsible for updating contact information with one another should they move, change phone numbers, or have an updated e-mail address so that any and all parts of this contract may be fulfilled if needed.
This contract is rendered null and void if the requirements/expectations listed above are not met and all required documentation is not provided within the outlined time frames. I, the BUYER, have read the above contract thoroughly, and understand and agree to the terms set forth in this document. I, the SELLER, by the act of delivering this document to the buyer via e-mail or hard copy, acknowledge my acceptance and understanding of the terms set forth in this document. I, the BUYER, acknowledge my acceptance of this contract with my signature below. This document must be returned to the SELLER on or before the date of pick up or arrival of the puppy into the BUYER’s care.